9. Begin by using a drift punch
and hammer to remove the large
roll pin that holds the column
shaft to the universal.
10. Next, loosen the two
rearmost 13mm nuts that hold
up the column.
• • • • • STEERING COLUMN REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION • • • • •
11. Now loosen the two
foremost 13mm nuts that hold
the column up.
12. Now you can unplug
the electrical switch
and other connections.
13. Finally, disconnect the shift-interlock cable.
14. Now the column can
15. To install the new column,
center it on the supporting bolts
and reconnect the splined shaft
to the universal and re-insert the
16. The steering shaft is indexed
on both the universal end and the
steering wheel end so you don’t need
to worry about installing it incorrectly.
17. The column re-installed.